Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Da Vinci Code


This is the first Dan Brown book that I have read, as I normally keep away from popular authors.I found this book to be quite interesting reading though.

This book has all the qualities of a great thriller. It is fast paced, moving from France to England, and the readers are kept to the edge of their seats. The suspense is maintained till the very end. The author also does a good job of doing lots of research, so the book is intellectually stimulating as well.

There are a few things though, which I don't like about this book. I was not satisfied with Sophie's decision of hiding the crypt: I believe all secrets should unfold for the benefit of those who are in the quest of knowledge. The author could also have put in more puzzles, and symbols to make the book more interesting. And most important, I don't agree with his choice of the villan. I am a great fan of education and hate relegious fanatics in all form. If I were the author, I would have made the church the villain.

Overall a nice reading. Definitely worth the bestselling status it has obtained. I would give it a 7 out of 10

No comments: